Bunny Honey

Bunny Honey
Bunny Honey

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Don Juan DeMarco Alyssa Fairy Gack a.k.a. Donnie

First let me say I am sorry it has been a few days since I have done this. I managed to split my index finger open with an Axe, so typing, touching has been a little bit touchy so to speak....

This would be the story of Don Juan De Marco Alyssa Fairy Gack a.k.a. Donnie for short. again this was started because my husband still had not learned that if you feed them they will not leave. At this point we were living in Montreal. This 18 lbs black & white cat came on our back porch and once again my husband fed the cat. Within a day he was living in our house. My children at the time were 3 & 4. Once the cat started living in our house the kids insisted in naming him but like any 3 & 4 year old they each had their own agenda and criteria when it came to giving him his name. Note to self and others, never let the 3 & 4 year old name your cat...

Donnie was a huge cat, very loving, meowed a lot and hate all other cats. He enjoyed being the only cat in the house and he acted very much like a king. He decided pretty quickly that I was on his staff, so very quickly I became his favorite human. When I was not home he would cry for hours while I was gone.

Donnie was loved by everyone that came in contact, but not as much as the neighborhood girl that had lived across the street from me in elementary and High school. She took the cat when we went to Florida for a month's vacation. Donnie never had it so good. She took him for walks because where she lived he was not able to just be let out. She would buy a roasted chicken and give half of it to him. He was in cat heaven as far as he was concerned.


When we got back from Florida Donnie lived with use for about a year more, but like all things in this world things had to change. We had to move and Donnie did move with us, but I also went to work on third shift and the cat couldn't handle the change. So again I asked if the neighborhood girl would be interested in taking him, but this time permanently. She jumped at the chance. Donnie was about 7 yrs old when he came to live with us. He lived with her for another 10 years before he finally passed, but I can honestly say that I know for a cat that lived about 17 years, that I had done right by him and had found him a great home.

So after Donnie left us we were pet free for 5 yrs, and the next pet to come in our life was Peanut and then Daisey. So until the next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment