Bunny Honey

Bunny Honey
Bunny Honey

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Life After Missy

I forgot to mention how Missy got Missy's name. So I did say that Missy was a "He", and that when I he came to us that, because I had cats in my younger years that I some how became the expert. Also as I mentioned before I was in my 20's and believed I knew everything, but truly knew nothing. So the stray that decided that my husband was a sucker and camped on our door step until he fed him was smarter then us all. I finally had to cave and let him in the house and when I looked at his back end I was 100% convinced Missy was a girl, only to take him to the vet and be told he was a neutered male. At this point he was already named, answering to his name, so why change it. Lesson learned, in my twenties I knew very little, especially about neutered cats. However I learned something on the day that I was awakened about my cat not being male and that is that when looking at the back end of a cat if the two holes touch it's a female and if there is space(at least a 1/4 of an inch) it's male...even if they have no balls. Now I fully expect everyone to go get their cats and inspect them, and no need to report back unless you like to share these things! Just kidding.

So where was I? Oh yes life after Missy. At this point we had left living in Montreal and were now living in Wakefield, Quebec. This beautiful cat, and I do mean beautiful smokey solid gray cat came begging to our house. My kids were around 3 and 2 at the time. We named him(and yes, at this point I did know the difference) smokey because of his color. He was the perfect cat in so many ways, and he stayed because my husband(again) was the person to feed him, and again he forgot the lesson of "If you feed them they will not leave". However this cat we never kept in the house over night. It was summer, and when he came in the house he would hide under the bed. Probably because of the kids. My kids were tortuous to the cat. The cat was dragged across the lawn by his tail and yet he never complained.

He stayed with us for two and half weeks. Then he left and never came back. perhaps he went home to where he came from or perhaps he went to live with some one with kids who didn't pull his tail. However, I like to think he went to go live with a little old lady that had nothing else. Isn't that were all cats go whenever they disappear for any reason?

Next I will continue on with Donnie...

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for anticipating my question about why a boy cat got a girly name. Also, just so you know, I am NOT looking at my kitty's back end right now to see if you're right. Nope, I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you to my number one fan for making me smile.

    ReplyDelete