Bunny Honey

Bunny Honey
Bunny Honey

Saturday, January 9, 2010

More Pet's Then The Average Bear.

So let me start by saying I have more pet's then the average person. I tell everyone that I have the food chain at my house. I currently have 13 cats, 1 bird, 2 dogs and 4 fish. We started this adventure 11 yrs, actually if I re-evaluate it started even before that. I would love to say I don't know how it all happened but I would be lying if I did.

Let me first start by saying that my husband isn't able to walk away when it comes to animals. Now this is not what I was first led to believe when he and I first met and started dating. When I first met my husband he told me he liked dogs and had more then one, but he was allergic and didn't like cats. Over time I came to realize his dislike for cats was not dislike but more a mis-understanding of them.

So let's go back in time and discuss the first cat he and I ever had and how that came to be. Since I was a child I had always had cats in my life, and even a dog. My husband though up until this time had really only ever had a dog. A beagle and the later a collie to be exact. So we moved into our very first apartment together and this buff colored large cat started coming to our door. I can remember him asking what we should do as this cat kept coming to our door day after day and meowing at it. Now mind you we lived in a 2nd floor apartment, so the cat had to climb the numerous stairs to get to our door to meow. It was late summer, beginning of fall when this occurred to. I told him that no matter what we did that we couldn't feed the cat as it would never go home if we did. A few days after that conversation my husband couldn't take it so he gave the cat a can of tuna fish. I knew this would seal our fate with the cat and it did. So we took the cat in and I named him Missy, and because I had cats in my younger life made me the expert of course. Did I mention I was in my twenties and knew nothing??

So this was how Missy came to be with us. He was a very hansom cat, but he didn't like very many people. He was the type of cat that would swipe you with his claws out as you walked by just being in his space. He also preferred women over men for some reason and he definitely liked adults over kids as well. For me he was great company, but my husbands lack of cat understanding made his time with us not last long. So he eventually had to go live with my mother-in-law once I found out I was pregnant.

After Missy we were pet free until we moved to Wakefield where again my husband brought a stray cat home but I will explain that adventure in my next post cause I have to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment